Happy New Year everyone! I'm excited to announce some new feature additions to Flubaroo, created in response to all the great feedback I've received. New to Flubaroo? Read the overview , or try it now.
Here's a summary of the new features, followed by instructions on how to upgrade!
Changes to Grading:
* Multiple Points: Have a question that should be weighted more than the others? No problem!
* Low-Scoring Students: Students who scored below 70% have their entry appear in red font, for easy identification.
* More than One Correct Answer: Do you have a question with more than one possible correct answer? Now Flubaroo can support this for type-in questions. For example, this question:
could have "colors" or "colours" as the correct answer (depending where you live). To have Flubaroo consider either answer as correct, just fill out the answer key like this:
The special word %or in between the answers tells Flubaroo that either answer should be considered correct. Here's another example, with 3 possible correct answers:
This can also be helpful for math questions, where you'd like to accept all these answers as correct: 1, 1.0, 1.00.
Changes to Emails:
* Inclusion of Questions: When emailing grades, Flubaroo now gives you the option to pick whether or not you want to include the questions. This change was made because some teachers were concerned about distributing copies of their tests. The box is checked by default.
* Student's Own Responses: In the emails sent to students, Flubaroo now includes the student's own response to each question when emailing grades. This is useful for students to see exactly where they went wrong in their answer, such as in a spelling quiz.
Several other minor improvements and fixes have been rolled in too!
How to Upgrade:
If you have a spreadsheet in which you've never installed Flubaroo before, just install it from the Google Script Gallery as usual (Insert -> Script).
If you have a spreadsheet that already has Flubaroo installed, then you'll need to first remove the old version of Flubaroo before upgrading. Failing to do so can cause problems. It's easy to do! Just follow these instructions and you'll be ready to go in under a minute!
You'll know you're running the latest version when you see this message pop-up on your first install, or if you see "Version 2.0" in the "About Flubaroo" box:
I hope you find these new features useful and time saving. Please keep your feedback coming so I can continue to make Flubaroo better. I'm currently working on some additional commonly requested features, which I hope to release soon.
Flubaroo News >