posted Dec 10, 2015, 10:23 AM by Dave Abouav
updated Dec 10, 2015, 11:29 AM
Keeping the new features train rolling, I'm excited to share 2 new ways to grade questions in Flubaroo!
First, have you ever wanted to give your students extra credit on a particular question or two? No problem! Now you can mark questions as "Extra Credit" when grading:
The ability to mark questions as "Extra Credit" must be enabled in the Advanced Options menu, and is described in detail in this Help Article.
Second, would you like to give partial credit for students who check just some of the right boxes in questions like these?
Now you can using the special %cb operator in your answer key to do so. Read full details in this Help Article.
With this release I've also changed two small things in the grades that get shared with students:
- In addition to seeing the points they received on each question in emails (i.e. "0 points" or "+1 point"), students will now also see how many points a question was worth (i.e. "0 / 1 points").
- When including your answer key in emails to students, the special operators "%or" and "%to" are now displayed as || and →.
And the "%cs" and "%cb" operators aren't shown at all.
- Your answer key: red %or %blue %or green. Student sees in email: red || blue || green
- Your answer key: 3.14 %to 3.15. Student sees in email: 3.14 → 3.15
- Your answer key: %cs Sacramento. Student sees in email just: Sacramento
Enjoy the new features, and Happy Hanukkah!