Hi Flubaroo Users -
I've just posted a few bug fixes to Flubaroo. These are now available in Version 2.1.
The fixes are:
- Fixed a bug in which grading more than 100 submissions sometimes caused Flubaroo to hang (issue 8).
- Flubaroo will now work for > 100 submissions with no problems.
- Fixed a bug in which the Continue button would sometimes disappear in Step 2, due to a large number of Student Identifiers (issue 9).
- This should now be fixed for most use-cases.
- Fixed a bug in which Flubaroo would stop emailing grades if it encountered an invalid email address (issue 17).
- Flubaroo will now skip over any invalid email addresses, rather than quitting when it sees one. It will also tell you how many students didn't get emailed their grades due to blank or invalid emails.
If you don't care about any of these fixes, you can just ignore this update. You'll get the new version the next time you install Flubaroo into a new spreadsheet.
But if you'd like to get these fixes in a spreadsheet that already has Flubaroo installed, you'll first need to uninstall the existing version of Flubaroo. Follow these instructions to uninstall. After uninstalling, you can re-install Flubaroo from the Script Gallery. Check "Flubaroo -> About Flubaroo" to ensure you have Version 2.1 installed. It will look like this:
Good luck, and Happy Flubarooing!
Happy New Year everyone! I'm excited to announce some new feature additions to Flubaroo, created in response to all the great feedback I've received. New to Flubaroo? Read the overview , or try it now.
Here's a summary of the new features, followed by instructions on how to upgrade!
Changes to Grading:
* Multiple Points: Have a question that should be weighted more than the others? No problem!
Flubaroo now supports more than 1 point per question. You can assign values from 1 to 5 points. Note that partial credit isn't supported.
* Low-Scoring Students: Students who scored below 70% have their entry appear in red font, for easy identification.
* More than One Correct Answer: Do you have a question with more than one possible correct answer? Now Flubaroo can support this for type-in questions. For example, this question:
could have "colors" or "colours" as the correct answer (depending where you live). To have Flubaroo consider either answer as correct, just fill out the answer key like this:
The special word %or in between the answers tells Flubaroo that either answer should be considered correct. Here's another example, with 3 possible correct answers:
This can also be helpful for math questions, where you'd like to accept all these answers as correct: 1, 1.0, 1.00.
Changes to Emails:
* Inclusion of Questions: When emailing grades, Flubaroo now gives you the option to pick whether or not you want to include the questions. This change was made because some teachers were concerned about distributing copies of their tests. The box is checked by default.
* Student's Own Responses: In the emails sent to students, Flubaroo now includes the student's own response to each question when emailing grades. This is useful for students to see exactly where they went wrong in their answer, such as in a spelling quiz.
Several other minor improvements and fixes have been rolled in too!
How to Upgrade:
If you have a spreadsheet in which you've never installed Flubaroo before, just install it from the Google Script Gallery as usual (Insert -> Script).
If you have a spreadsheet that already has Flubaroo installed, then you'll need to first remove the old version of Flubaroo before upgrading. Failing to do so can cause problems. It's easy to do! Just follow these instructions and you'll be ready to go in under a minute!
You'll know you're running the latest version when you see this message pop-up on your first install, or if you see "Version 2.0" in the "About Flubaroo" box:
I hope you find these new features useful and time saving. Please keep your feedback coming so I can continue to make Flubaroo better. I'm currently working on some additional commonly requested features, which I hope to release soon.